Vickys St Patricks Day Guinness Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys St Patricks Day Guinness Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys St Patricks Day Guinness Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 150 grams of gluten-free/plain flour (1 cup + 2tbsp).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 45 grams of cocoa powder (1/3 cup).
- It’s 180 ml of light coconut milm.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 60 ml of Guinness (not vegan or gluten-free, other stouts are vegan so check online or use black coffee instead).
- You need 150 grams (3/4 cup) of sugar.
- It’s 80 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 of your favourite chocolate buttercream icing, enough for 12 cupcakes.
- You need 200 grams of white fondant icing.
- Prepare 1 of green food colouring and edible glitter.
Vickys St Patricks Day Guinness Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C/ 350°F and line a 12 hole muffin tin. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Whisk together the milk and the vinegar. Add the Guinness, sugar, oil and vanilla to the milk mixture and beat until foamy.
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches and beat until well incorporated. Fill your cupcakes containers of choice 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before topping with a swirl of the chocolate buttercream icing.
- Roll out the fondant to about 5mm thickness and cut out circles slightly smaller than the tops of your cupcakes. Place on top of the buttercream layer.
- Dye the offcuts green, roll out again, sprinkle with green edible glitter (not required but looks really good!) and cut out with a small heart cutter. You need 3 hearts per cake, 36 in all, and 12 little 'stalks' – see picture.
- Arrange on top of the fondant in a shamrock shape and the luck o the Irish be with ye!.