Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. This Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe is a healthy veggie-packed option that is naturally gluten-free and grain-free. It's perfect for people who still want to eat their pizza, while following a low-carb or food combining diet. Sorry but Cauliflower Pizza Crusts Might Not Be That Healthy.
A simple and secretly healthy cauliflower pizza crust recipe that's so surprisingly delicious, you'd never guess it could possibly be so good for you! Or better yet, make it for dinner. Make pizza healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust. You can have Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- You need 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Prepare 1-1/3 cup of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- It’s 10 slices of turkey pepperoni.
The thing that makes this pizza so unique is that the crust is made out of cauliflower — yes, the vegetable! I honestly can't remember when or where I first saw the idea for cauliflower pizza crust (probably. Lighten up pizza night with this low-carb alternative to traditional pizza dough. Riced cauliflower combines with egg and cheese to make a gluten-free pizza crust that's crisp on the outside but soft on the inside.
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish, uncovered. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool, then mic in 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, egg, and salt..
- Form cauliflower mixture into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick, into a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan..
- Bake until edges are browned, about 20 minutes..
- Top crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella, and pepperoni..
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes..
Simply top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for a healthier pizza you'll love. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with the mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, salt, garlic powder and eggs. Transfer to the center of the baking sheet and spread into a circle, resembling a pizza crust. There's a healthy-sounding trend in the supermarket: pizza crustsmade of cauliflower. This crust is dairy-free and nut-free, with the perfect and a golden brown, lightly crisped bottom.