Corn and avocado salsa is perfectly paired with the spicy Cajun salmon in this healthy dinner idea.
The ingredient of Cajun salmon with sweet corn salsa
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on (about 200g each)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Olive oil, to grease
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 500g sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 avocado, flesh chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Cajun salmon with sweet corn salsa
- To make the salsa, brush the corn with oil. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the corn, turning, for about 5 minutes, until the corn is tender. Stand a cob on one end and slice downwards with a knife as close as possible to the cob to remove the kernels. Combine the corn kernels, tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, coriander and lime juice. Set aside.
- Combine the cumin and cayenne pepper. Rub both sides of salmon fillets with oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the spice mixture.
- Cook the salmon on a high heat, skin side first, for 3 minutes each side.
- Serve the salsa over the salmon and top with the feta.
Nutritions of Cajun salmon with sweet corn salsacalories: 570.493 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 49 grams protein
calories: 119 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 357.49 milligrams sodium