How do you adjust the familys eating habits to be diabetes-friendly? With this simple and veal and ricotta bake.
The ingredient of Lower-GI veal and ricotta bake
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 (600g) uncrumbed veal schnitzels, halved
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225g jar chargrilled eggplant, drained, rinsed, chopped
- 700g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 50g baby spinach
- 350g fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat grated pizza cheese
- Small basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lower-GI veal and ricotta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C /160u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) 10 cup-capacity baking dish. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook schnitzels, in batches, for 30 seconds each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add lentils, basil and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Layer half the schnitzels in bottom of prepared dish. Spoon over half the sauce mixture. Repeat with remaining schnitzels and sauce mixture.
- Combine ricotta, egg and 1 tablespoon parmesan in a bowl. Season with pepper. Spoon over sauce mixture. Smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and pizza cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Top with basil. Serve.
Nutritions of Lower-GI veal and ricotta bakecalories: 359.456 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 78 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 726.96 milligrams sodium