Simple and no-fuss, this tasty lamb stir-fry is perfect for creating a healthy meal in under half an hour.
The ingredient of Teriyaki lamb with sesame rice
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped cooking ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 fillets (about 200g each) lamb eye of loin (backstraps), each halved crossways
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 small red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 215g (1 cup) Koshihikari Japanese rice
- 1 x 15g pkt sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Teriyaki lamb with sesame rice
- Place teriyaki sauce, garlic, honey, ginger and soy sauce in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge.
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a jug and whisk until sugar dissolves. Run a vegetable peeler down length of cucumber to form long ribbons. Place in bowl and pour over dressing. Add capsicum and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions until tender. Rinse and drain well. Return to the pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 30-40 seconds or until golden. Stir sesame seeds through rice.
- Meanwhile, heat frying pan over high heat. Drain lamb from marinade. Cook in pan for 3-4 minutes or until well browned. Turn lamb and add marinade. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly and lamb is cooked to medium.
- Cut lamb into 2cm-thick slices. Divide rice, lamb and cucumber salad among serving plates. Drizzle lamb with any remaining sauce from pan.
Nutritions of Teriyaki lamb with sesame ricecalories: 434.263 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 3336.06 milligrams sodium