Get the kids to love their vegetables with these healthy burgers that are so simple to make.
The ingredient of Vegie burgers
- 500g coliban potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely grated
- 100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 white bread rolls, halved
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup Baxters Tomato Chutney with Red Pepper
The instruction how to make Vegie burgers
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 8 minutes. Add peas. Boil for 2 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Remove to a bowl. Mash well. Add carrots, mushrooms and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands, shape potato mixture into 6 patties. Place stuffing mix on a plate. Coat patties in stuffing mix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Drain on paper towel.
- Top bun bases with lettuce, tomato, patties, cheese, chutney and bun tops. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegie burgerscalories: 538.467 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 18 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 768.81 milligrams sodium