Layer banana bread, caramelised apples and cream to create these individual jar cakes.
The ingredient of Caramelised apple jar cakes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 6 Jazz apples, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 600ml Coles Thickened Cream
- 2 Jazz apples, extra, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- 550g Coles Banana Bread, crust removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- Mint sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Caramelised apple jar cakes
- Stir butter and sugar in a frying pan over high heat until sugar dissolves. Cook for 2 mins or until syrup reduces by about one-quarter. Add apple wedges. Toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8 mins or until apple softens but holds its shape. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cream. Bring to the boil. Set aside to cool. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the caramel.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 120u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Arrange apple slices in a single layer on the lined trays. Bake for 1 hour or until crisp and dry.
- Use an electric mixer to beat remaining cream and mixed spice in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Divide half the banana bread pieces among four 350ml serving jars. Top with half the caramel apple. Spoon over half the cream mixture. Repeat layering with the remaining banana bread pieces, caramel apple and cream mixture. Drizzle with reserved caramel. Top with mint sprigs and apple chips to serve.
Nutritions of Caramelised apple jar cakescalories: