Imagine the aroma wafting through the kitchen as this banana, date and walnut bread bakes in your slow cooker or oven!
The ingredient of Banana, date and walnut bread recipe
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 150g butter, melted
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup (45g) chopped dates
- 1/4 cup (25g) chopped walnuts
- Caramelised banana, to serve
- Butter, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Banana, date and walnut bread recipe
- Grease a 10cm x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add buttermilk, butter, eggs and banana. Stir to combine. Stir in date and walnut. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Place an upturned heatproof saucer or ramekin in a slow cooker. Place loaf pan on the saucer or ramekin. Bake for 3 hours on high (or 5 hours on low) or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the loaf into slices. Serve with caramelised banana and extra butter.
Nutritions of Banana, date and walnut bread recipecalories: