Take your traditional roast chicken to the next level with the addition of a crispy golden parmesan crust! Best served with all of springs best veg
The ingredient of Parmesan-crusted roast chicken
- 1.8kg Coles Free Range RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
- 2 red capsicums, seeded, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
- Thyme sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Parmesan-crusted roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Combine butter, garlic and thyme leaves in a small bowl. Brush butter mixture over the chicken. Season. Bake for 45 mins.
- Arrange the pumpkin, capsicum and onion around the chicken in the pan. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 45 mins or until the chicken is cooked through, adding asparagus to the pan in the last 10 mins of cooking.
- Preheat grill on high. Transfer asparagus to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Sprinkle parmesan over the chicken in the pan. Transfer to the grill. Cook for 5 mins or until the parmesan is golden brown and crisp. Remove from heat. Return asparagus to the pan.
- Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with thyme sprigs and serve with lemon cheeks.
Nutritions of Parmesan-crusted roast chickencalories: