Adding polenta to the breadcrumbs makes these schnitzels extra crunchy!
The ingredient of Chicken schnitzel with fennel slaw
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 650g chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Tomato, chopped, to serve
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- 1/2 cup Japanese-style mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
The instruction how to make Chicken schnitzel with fennel slaw
- Combine breadcrumbs, polenta, lemon rind and parsley in a shallow dish. Place flour on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl. Coat each tenderloin in flour. Dip into egg mixture. Toss in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel, to drain.
- Meanwhile, make Fennel slaw Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, gherkins and chives in a large bowl. Add fennel. Toss to coat.
- Serve chicken schnitzel with fennel slaw and combined tomato and parsley.
Nutritions of Chicken schnitzel with fennel slawcalories: 975.359 calories
calories: 44.6 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 79.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52.5 grams protein
calories: 272 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 818 milligrams sodium