Different brands of curry paste vary in heat so for this chicken curry recipe, add to taste.
The ingredient of Yellow coconut chicken curry
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, bruised
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste (see tip)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
The instruction how to make Yellow coconut chicken curry
- Place rice, lemongrass and 3 cups cold water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove and discard lemongrass.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken has cooked through, adding snow peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat. Stir in three-quarters of the basil leaves. Divide rice between bowls. Spoon over curry. Top with remaining basil leaves.
Nutritions of Yellow coconut chicken currycalories: 805.43 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 68 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 42 grams protein
calories: 148 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 566.01 milligrams sodium