This quick one-pan meatballs dish has a rich tomato sauce and will have the kids coming back for seconds.
The ingredient of 17-minute chicken and ricotta meatballs recipe
- 500g chicken mince
- 250g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 green shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, top leaves torn off (see tip)
- 105g (1/2 cup) dried risoni pasta
- Parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make 17-minute chicken and ricotta meatballs recipe
- Combine the chicken, ricotta, parmesan, lemon rind, shallot and garlic in a large bowl. Season well. Roll into about 12 golf ball-sized meatballs. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until just browned. Add sauce, stock, basil and risoni. Stir to combine. Cover. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 9 minutes or until risoni is tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve with extra parmesan.
Nutritions of 17-minute chicken and ricotta meatballs recipecalories: 559.499 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 10.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 30.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.5 grams protein