The ingredient of Roast chicken with honey-glazed carrot, potato and silverbeet recipe
- 1.65kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 450g brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced diagonally
- 2cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs honey
- 20g butter
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) chicken stock
- 180g silverbeet, trimmed, leaves chopped
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with honey-glazed carrot, potato and silverbeet recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C (160u00b0C fan-forced).Pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tbs oil and rub over the chicken. Place the chicken on a small rack in a large baking dish. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Roast for 50-60 mins or until the skin is crisp and golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thighs reads 82u00b0C. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add potato and carrot. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without turning, for 5-7 mins or until the vegetables begin to brown. Add the ginger, cumin and coriander and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 mins or until the vegetables are browned all over.
- Add the honey to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until the vegetables are slightly caramelised. Add butter and cook until melted.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Pour in stock and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until combined and sauce thickens slightly. Add silverbeet and cook, tossing, until wilted.
- Spoon the vegetables onto a large serving platter. Top with the chicken and sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with honey-glazed carrot, potato and silverbeet recipecalories: 379.532 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 33 grams protein
calories: 424 milligrams sodium