They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach, so you cant go wrong with this hearty main for a dads day lunch. Happy Fathers Day!
The ingredient of Roast beef with easy red wine sauce
- 1.2kg piece beef eye fillet
- Olive oil
- 400ml good-quality red wine
- 270ml jar Bowles Veal Glace
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
The instruction how to make Roast beef with easy red wine sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C. Tie beef with cooking string at regular intervals to make a firm, even shape, tucking in the ends. Brush beef all over with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Heat a roasting pan on your stovetop over high heat. Brown beef on all sides, then transfer to oven. Cook for 30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove beef from oven. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes while making sauce.
- For sauce, place wine in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until wine has reduced by three-quarters. Add veal glace and mustard and whisk until sauce is blended. Simmer for a further 3-5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Slice beef thickly and serve drizzled with red wine sauce.
Nutritions of Roast beef with easy red wine saucecalories: 644.344 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53 grams sugar
calories: 44 grams protein
calories: 116 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 146.3 milligrams sodium