An airy and nutty dessert, easy to prepare and even easier to consume!
The ingredient of Nougat and chocolate meringue torte
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 65g (1/2 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 x 40g Europe Summer Roll bars, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 300g ctn chocolate-flavoured cream
- 150g double cream
- Cocoa powder, to dust
The instruction how to make Nougat and chocolate meringue torte
- Preheat oven to 120C/100C fan forced. Grease the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate, almonds and Summer Roll bars in a bowl. Add 1 tbs of the sugar and toss to combine.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating well after each addition, until sugar completely dissolves and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the meringue and gently fold with a metal spoon. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until meringue is dry to touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Carefully transfer the torte to a serving plate. Gently marble the chocolate cream and double cream together in a bowl. Top torte with the cream mixture and dust with cocoa powder to serve.
Nutritions of Nougat and chocolate meringue tortecalories: