Fresh cherries add a festive touch to this easy maple, almond and coconut slice.
The ingredient of Maple, almond and cherry coconut slice
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Queen Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) Lucky Almond Meal
- 3 Coles Australian Free Range Egg whites
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour, extra
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup drained Always Fresh Cherries u2013 Pitted Morello, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (70g) Lucky Slivered Almonds
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
The instruction how to make Maple, almond and cherry coconut slice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 16.5cm x 26cm slice pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and half the maple syrup. Beat until combined. Add flour and almond meal and stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 20 mins. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Reduce oven to 160C. Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra sugar, beating well after each addition until dissolved. Add the remaining maple syrup, in 2 batches, beating until combined. Fold in the extra flour, coconut, cherry and half the slivered almonds. Spread over the biscuit base in the pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake for 45 mins or until light golden. Set aside in the pan to cool.
- Place melted chocolate in a sealable plastic bag. Cut off 1 corner. Drizzle over the slice. Place in the fridge for 5 mins to set.
Nutritions of Maple, almond and cherry coconut slicecalories: