It’s easy to add some of this tasty little fish to your diet. Mackerel is packed with nutrients and good oils, so make it a family favourite!
The ingredient of Pearl couscous with lemon mackerel
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch saffron
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 x 115g cans King Oscar Skinless Mackerel Fillets Lemon Flavour, drained
- Fresh continental parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Extra thyme leaves, to serve
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
The instruction how to make Pearl couscous with lemon mackerel
- Cook the pearl couscous following the packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add the saffron and wine. Simmer for 3 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes and thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Season.
- Stir couscous through the tomato mixture and add mackerel fillets. Stir gently to combine. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until mackerel is warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and thyme. Serve with lemon.
Nutritions of Pearl couscous with lemon mackerelcalories: