With mouthfuls of salty fish and citrus salad, this zesty grapefruit and avocado salad pairs perfectly with crispy-skin salmon.
The ingredient of Crispy-skin salmon with grapefruit and avocado salad recipe
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tbs finely chopped shallot
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 Coles Tasmanian Salmon Skin On Portions
- 2 firm ripe avocados, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
The instruction how to make Crispy-skin salmon with grapefruit and avocado salad recipe
- Using a small sharp knife, cut away the peel and white pith from grapefruit. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut between the membranes to release segments. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes into the bowl.
- Strain the grapefruit juice through a fine sieve into a jug, reserving the grapefruit segments. In a separate bowl, whisk 1/3 cup (80ml) grapefruit juice, honey and 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes. Stir in the shallot and set aside for 5 mins to develop the flavours. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and whisk to combine.
- Season salmon with salt. Heat the remaining 2 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook salmon, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until skin is crisp. Turn the salmon and cook for 2-3 mins or until the salmon is mostly opaque with a rosy centre.
- Divide the salmon, avocados and grapefruit segments among serving plates. Sprinkle with watercress sprigs and sea salt flakes. Drizzle the shallot mixture over the salad to serve.
Nutritions of Crispy-skin salmon with grapefruit and avocado salad recipecalories: 735.642 calories
calories: 61 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 35 grams protein
calories: 139 milligrams sodium