A member of the mackerel family, tuna is a magnificent fish. Get the lowdown on this versatile ingredient and sample this great dish.
The ingredient of Tuna with pearl couscous
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 birdu2019s-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 300g grape tomatoes, halved
- 50g tomato paste
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 150g Blu Gourmet Pearl Couscous (see note)
- 2 x 250g pieces yellowfin tuna
- 2 small calamari tubes, cut into rings
- 300g clams, rinsed
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
The instruction how to make Tuna with pearl couscous
- Heat 80ml (1/3 cup) oil in a frying pan over lowu2013medium heat. Add garlic and chilli, and cook for 1 minute or until soft. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes soften slightly. Add wine and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add couscous and 310ml (1 1/4 cups) boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, brush tuna with 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over high heat and cook tuna for 1 minute each side for mediumu2013rare. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and calamari to pan and stir for 1 minute or until opaque. Remove from pan. Add clams and 60ml (1/4 cup) water to pan. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until clams open.
- Cut tuna into quarters. Add calamari and basil to the couscous mixture and stir to combine. Strain clams through a fine sieve into the couscous mixture. Divide the couscous mixture, tuna and clams among bowls, and serve.
Nutritions of Tuna with pearl couscouscalories: 588.896 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 44 grams protein
calories: 139 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 274.17 milligrams sodium