This is relaxed, glass-in-hand cooking: the rice doesnt need constant stirring.
The ingredient of Seafood paella
- 1L (4 cups) fish stock
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g skinless firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 330g (1 1/2 cups) Sunrice arborio rice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 8 large green prawns, unpeeled
- 200g squid tubes, thinly sliced into rings
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen baby peas
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Seafood paella
- Bring stock and saffron to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a 34cm (top measurement) paella pan or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season fish. Cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until brown. Stir in onion, garlic, paprika, chilli and combined capsicum for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Stir in rice for 1 minute. Stir in wine for 1 minute or until wine evaporates.
- Add stock mixture to pan, reserving 80ml (1/3 cup). Reduce heat to low. Cook, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
- Push prawns and squid into rice. Add the reserved stock. Cook for 10 minutes. Add fish. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Sprinkle with peas. Cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes. Top with parsley.
Nutritions of Seafood paellacalories: 642.91 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 75 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams protein