With a creamy fish pie in the freezer, you wont be caught out next time you need to feed the family fast.
The ingredient of Salmon & dill pie
- 800g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 90g unsalted butter
- 185ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 2 leeks, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 435ml (13/4 cups) milk
- 600g skinless salmon fillets, pin boned, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 65g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Steamed broccoli (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Salmon & dill pie
- Cook the potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Gradually add 40g of butter and mash until smooth. Add 60ml (1/4 cup) of the cream and beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Cook the leek, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in the remaining cream. Place pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the salmon and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir in the dill. season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0c. spread potato over fish mixture. Top with cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve with dill sprigs and broccoli.
Nutritions of Salmon & dill piecalories: 945.723 calories
calories: 62 grams fat
calories: 34 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 52 grams protein
calories: 230 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 244.47 milligrams sodium