Create a new family favourite with this spice-crusted fish served with hummus, roast carrot salad and fresh lemon wedges.
The ingredient of Spice-crusted flathead with roast carrot salad
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g frozen broad beans
- 600g flathead fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200g hummus dip
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Spice-crusted flathead with roast carrot salad
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the carrots in a single layer over the prepared tray. Drizzle with honey and 1 teaspoon of oil. Season. Roast, turning occasionally, for 15 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Peel.
- Combine the fish, turmeric, paprika, cumin, sesame seeds, cinnamon and 2 tsp of remaining oil in a large bowl. Season. Toss to evenly coat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the fish for 2 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spread the hummus over serving plates. Top with the fish, carrots, broad beans, mint and coriander. Drizzle with remaining oil.
Nutritions of Spice-crusted flathead with roast carrot saladcalories: 406.539 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 472 milligrams sodium