Take your fish to the next level with this easy lemongrass chilli sauce.
The ingredient of Lemongrass chilli sauce for fish by Matt Preston
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 lemongrass stalks, white parts, finely minced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed, peeled
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups fresh red chillies, destemmed and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
The instruction how to make Lemongrass chilli sauce for fish by Matt Preston
- Heat half the oil in a large wok. Blitz the lemongrass and fry the resulting puree. While it is frying, puree the garlic and spring onions in the same blender.
- Stir it into the lemongrass and reduce the heat so they simmer away gently together. Jostle the pan so they donu2019t stick, burn or get rowdy.
- Now blitz the chillies and throw them into the sauce as well. Add a splash more oil. You want to see oil on the top of the red mass. After a couple of minutes, throw in the sugar, lime juice, salt and fish sauce. Stir. Taste and fine tune the seasoning to achieve the correct balance.
- Cook out the sauce for 8 minutes. Store in a clean jar under a layer of oil.
Nutritions of Lemongrass chilli sauce for fish by Matt Prestoncalories: