A member of the mackerel family, tuna is a magnificent fish. Get the lowdown on this versatile ingredient and sample this great dish.
The ingredient of Sesame-crusted tuna with chilli & ginger dressing
- 2 avocados
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 35g (1/4 cup) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 lime, juiced
- 50g (1/3 cup) MasterFoodsu00ae Sesame Seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 x 250g pieces yellowfin tuna, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1/2 birdu2019s-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Sesame-crusted tuna with chilli & ginger dressing
- To make chilli and ginger dressing, heat oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add ginger, eschalots and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in sugar and vinegar until sugar dissolves, then simmer for 5 minutes to mellow the vinegar taste. Add 2 tablespoons water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and lime juice, and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- To make salad, cut avocados into thin wedges. Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and thinly slice on the diagonal. Place avocados, cucumbers, nuts, chives and lime juice in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place sesame and fennel seeds on a plate and season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Press a piece of tuna into seed mixture to coat. Turn over and coat the other side. Repeat with remaining tuna.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over mediumu2013high heat. Cook tuna for 1 1/2 minutes each side for mediumu2013rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide salad among plates. Drizzle with dressing. Slice tuna and place next to the salad. Drizzle with a little more dressing to serve.
Nutritions of Sesame-crusted tuna with chilli & ginger dressingcalories: 760.976 calories
calories: 55 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 56 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 894.73 milligrams sodium