Make over a Chinese restaurant favourite at home with gourmet fish and tender-crisp vegies.
The ingredient of Sweet & sour barramundi
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch shallots, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths
- 80ml (1/3 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 160ml (2/3 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 300g Barramundi Portions, thawed, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- Steamed rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet & sour barramundi
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the carrot, capsicum and shallot, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Combine the vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour in a small bowl. Add to the wok and bring to the boil.
- Add the fish. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and flakes when tested with a fork. Divide the rice and fish mixture among serving dishes.
Nutritions of Sweet & sour barramundicalories: 230.157 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 40 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 425.8 milligrams sodium