Refresh you midweek meal repertoire with a few pantry staples, fresh seasonal produce and this clever fish recipe.
The ingredient of Lime-steamed kingfish with beans & ginger
- 3 limes, 1 zested, 2 sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60g butter, melted
- 4 x 200g pieces kingfish, pin-boned, skin on
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 6cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 45g (1/3 cup) roughly chopped roasted peanuts
The instruction how to make Lime-steamed kingfish with beans & ginger
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place lime zest, garlic and butter in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Place lime slices in rows in base of a small roasting pan. Top with fish, skin-side down, then brush with lime butter. Pour 60ml (1/4 cup) water into pan, cover tightly with foil, then cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove foil and rest fish for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place oil and ginger in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over mediumu2013high heat for 3 minutes or until ginger is golden. Drain on paper towel. Reserve 60ml (1/4 cup) ginger oil to make bean salad and reserve remainder for another use.
- Cook beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl, add reserved 60ml (1/4 cup) ginger oil, chilli and half each of the ginger and peanuts. Season and toss to combine.
- Divide lime slices, fish and bean salad among plates. Drizzle fish with any remaining lime butter. Scatter salad with remaining ginger and peanuts to serve.
Nutritions of Lime-steamed kingfish with beans & gingercalories: 643.149 calories
calories: 48 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 43 grams protein
calories: 274.04 milligrams sodium