The ingredient of Spiced flathead with wok-tossed vegetables
- 4 x 120g skinless flathead fillets, deboned, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil or sunfl ower oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see note) or dry sherry
The instruction how to make Spiced flathead with wok-tossed vegetables
- Toss fish in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon each of the chilli flakes and five spice. Season.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. In 2 batches, cook fish for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Increase the heat to high, then stir-fry vegetables for 1 minute. Add the soy, rice wine and remaining chilli flakes and five spice. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until vegetables are just tender. Divide among 4 plates and top with fish fillets.
Nutritions of Spiced flathead with wok-tossed vegetablescalories: 189.766 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 62 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 814.03 milligrams sodium