Pick up some blue-eye on the way home and whip up this lovely fish dish.
The ingredient of Eggplant, mint and chilli rice with blue-eye
- 300g brown rice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3 baby eggplants, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, roughly shredded
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 4 skinless blue-eye fillets (about 180g each)
- Extra lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Eggplant, mint and chilli rice with blue-eye
- Cook rice in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add eggplant and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until golden. Turn heat to medium-high, add onion and stir for 5 minutes until onion is lightly caramelised. Add ground coriander and chilli and stir for 1 minute. Add drained rice, spinach and 1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Season, then stir in lemon zest, juice and mint.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Rub fish with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, then cook for 3 minutes each side until cooked to your liking. Serve fish with rice and lemon.
Nutritions of Eggplant, mint and chilli rice with blue-eyecalories: 509.787 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 63 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 23 grams protein
calories: 69 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 131.06 milligrams sodium