Fresh mild herbs, blended with the sharp flavour of lemon, bring out the best in this aromatic fish dish.
The ingredient of Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 (about 150g each) swordfish steaks
- 1 cup (firmly packed) fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (firmly packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (firmly packed) fresh basil leaves
- 4 anchovies, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Olive oil, to grease
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and half of the garlic in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the fish and season with salt and pepper. Turn to coat the fish in the lemon mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the parsley, mint, basil, anchovies, lemon rind and remaining garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the mustard, remaining extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush a barbecue grill or chargrill with the oil to grease. Preheat on high. Drain the swordfish, reserving marinade. Cook the swordfish, basting with reserved marinade, for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide swordfish among serving plates and drizzle over salsa verde. Serve with lemon wedges and the crouton salad.
Nutritions of Barbecued swordfish with salsa verdecalories: 332.21 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 2.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 0.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams protein