For a complete week night meal, this spicy fish is accompanied by sweet and crispy pumpkin wedges.
The ingredient of Blue-eye cod with chermoula and roasted pumpkin
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra 1 tablespoon to fry
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 x 200g pieces skinless blue-eye cod
- Couscous, to serve
- Mint leaves, torn, to garnish
The instruction how to make Blue-eye cod with chermoula and roasted pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C.
- Cut pumpkin into 4 wedges, brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin seeds and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper, place on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, to make chermoula place coriander, garlic, paprika, cumin, chilli, lemon juice and remaining oil in a food processor. Process until a smooth paste, adding a little warm water if necessary.
- Place the fish in a bowl and pour the chermoula over it, coating well. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat, then add extra 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, lift the fish from the marinade, place in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. To serve, place some couscous on each plate, and top with a piece of roasted pumpkin and a piece of fish. Garnish with mint leaves.
Nutritions of Blue-eye cod with chermoula and roasted pumpkincalories: 478 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 39 grams protein
calories: 104 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 178.37 milligrams sodium