The ingredient of Lemongrass coconut black rice with caramelised pears
- 375g black glutinous rice
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white section only, bruised
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3/4 cup (125g) finely chopped palm sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 pears, cut into thick wedges
The instruction how to make Lemongrass coconut black rice with caramelised pears
- Place the rice in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside overnight to soak.
- Drain rice. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Combine the rice, lemon grass, vanilla beans, coconut milk, milk, water and 1/2 cup (80g) sugar in a large saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender and creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the pears and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves and pear caramelises.
- Remove and discard lemon grass and vanilla beans from rice. Spoon the rice evenly among serving bowls. Top with pears and drizzle with any pan juices and extra coconut cream. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lemongrass coconut black rice with caramelised pearscalories: 744.007 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 116 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 86.93 milligrams sodium