Give rice a mega flavour boost with this colourful salad.
The ingredient of Warm Thai coconut and lemongrass salad
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, bruised
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, torn
- 1 small green oak lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Warm Thai coconut and lemongrass salad
- Place rice, lemongrass, coconut milk and 2 1/2 cups cold water in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to combine. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes. Remove lid. Fluff mixture with fork to separate grains. Remove and discard lemongrass. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion, cucumber, sprouts, mint, coriander, lettuce and tomato in a large bowl. Add cooled rice. Toss gently to combine.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and ginger in a small jug. Drizzle over salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Warm Thai coconut and lemongrass saladcalories: 253.579 calories
calories: 4.9 grams fat
calories: 4.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.8 grams protein
calories: 285 milligrams sodium