*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Creamy curry prawns with coconut rice
- 20ml oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground pepper
- 1/2 tomato, soft, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 600g large green prawns, peeled, deveined
The instruction how to make Creamy curry prawns with coconut rice
- Put oil into a frypan on medium heat and add ground onion, regularly stir onion until it softens.
- Meanwhile, place rice and water in a rice cooker. Add half a cup of coconut cream. Cook.
- When onion is soft, turn the heat to low. Add the red curry paste, tomato paste and the rest of the coconut cream. Stir for a minute while simmering.
- Add the curry powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato to the pan and use a potato masher to slightly mash tomatoes through the sauce.
- Add prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes on low, or until prawns are cooked through. While cooking, stir constantly, flipping the prawns so both sides get cook. (see Notes)
- When rice is done, spoon it onto plate and drizzle generously with sauce and prawns.
Nutritions of Creamy curry prawns with coconut ricecalories: