Curtis Stones unbeatable combination of chicken curry and chilli-mint chutney is sure to warm up a cold evening.
The ingredient of Chicken korma with greens
- 1/2 medium brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coles Unsalted Cashews, finely ground
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4cm piece fresh ginger (20g), peeled, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1 birds eye chilli, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thighs, fat removed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 400g can Coles Italian Diced Tomatoes, crushed using a fork
- 2 tablespoons Coles Double Cream
- 2 tablespoons full fat natural yoghurt
- 100g fresh baby spinach
- 10 fresh coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
The instruction how to make Chicken korma with greens
- In a food processor, combine the onion, cashews, garlic, ginger, chilli, and dry spices. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and add the chicken, tossing to coat.
- In a large heavy pot, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the chicken-spice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently so that the mixture does not catch on the bottom of the pot, for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked on each side and beginning to brown. Add the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes, or until thick.
- Meanwhile, to make the chutney, in a food processor, blend the coriander, mint, lemon juice, peanuts, chilli, ginger, and 2 1/2 tablespoons of water until smooth. Season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Then, stir the cream into the chicken and simmer uncovered for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt and spinach.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and serve immediately with the chutney.
Nutritions of Chicken korma with greenscalories: