This French chicken dish stars plump juicy grapes and a rich white wine and thyme sauce.
The ingredient of Chicken Veronique
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 500g crimson seedless grapes, cut into small bunches
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Crimson seedless grapes
The instruction how to make Chicken Veronique
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until just golden. Transfer to a plate. Cook garlic in pan for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add chicken and wine to the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly reduced. Add the grapes, stock and thyme. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken and grapes to a plate. Stir the cream into the wine mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Divide the chicken among serving plates. Top with sauce and grapes and serve with bread.
Nutritions of Chicken Veroniquecalories: 331.015 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams protein