This wholesome lentil loaf is a fantastic option for a vegetarian dinner.
The ingredient of Lentil loaf
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 small brown onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1/2teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 40g butter, chopped
- Greek salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Lentil loaf
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease base and sides of a 6cm deep loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine lentils, cheese, onions, garlic, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, egg, cream and cloves in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Press lentil mixture firmly into pan. Dot butter evenly over top. Bake loaf for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Slice and serve with Greek salad.
Nutritions of Lentil loafcalories: 557.826 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 24 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 703.66 milligrams sodium