Stuffing butter and herbs under the skin of this chicken makes for a very impressive bird - serve it at your next dinner party. To incorporate this into a keto diet plan, see the serving suggestion in the notes below.
The ingredient of Baked chicken with thyme and sage butter
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- 4 (200g each) chicken breast fillets, skin on
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 small butter lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
The instruction how to make Baked chicken with thyme and sage butter
- Place butter, thyme, sage and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Using your fingers, gently loosen chicken skin on each piece of chicken. Push butter mixture under skin. Place chicken on a large plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until butter is firm.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken on tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Baste chicken with pan juices. Bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon cold water. Cover. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Make white balsamic dressing: Place oil, vinegar and chives in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Place lettuce, cucumber, beans and radish in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with salad.
Nutritions of Baked chicken with thyme and sage buttercalories: 607.777 calories
calories: 46.1 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 1.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43.5 grams protein
calories: 181 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 364 milligrams sodium