An Italian-inspired mix of herbs and capers tastes sensational in this tempting veal dish.
The ingredient of Veal with butter bean & salsa verde salad
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 4 (about 125g each) veal steaks
- 2 x 400g cans Butter Beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
The instruction how to make Veal with butter bean & salsa verde salad
- Combine the parsley, basil, mint, capers, vinegar and oil in a small bowl.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray to grease. Heat over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the veal with salt and pepper. Cook veal in 2 batches for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Add the beans, tomato and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the beans are heated through. Stir in half the parsley mixture.
- Divide the bean mixture among serving dishes. Top with the veal. Top with remaining parsley mixture to serve.
Nutritions of Veal with butter bean & salsa verde saladcalories: 210.559 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 34 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 108.46 milligrams sodium