This classic British pudding is given a fruity twist in this delicious recipe.
The ingredient of Bread and butter pudding with figs and grapes
- 150g red seedless grapes, halved if large
- 2 figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) brandy, optional
- 1 x 900g panettone (see note)
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rosemary sprigs
The instruction how to make Bread and butter pudding with figs and grapes
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place grapes and figs in a flat dish. Pour over brandy and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Trim top and bottom crust from panettone, then cut in half vertically. Cut each half into 10 semi-circular slices. Butter slices then place, slightly overlapping (buttered side up) in concentric circles in a greased 27cm (2.5 litre) ovenproof dish, scattering with grapes and figs as you go. Drizzle over any remaining juices.
- Place sugar, eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add milk, cream and vanilla and whisk until well combined, then pour mixture over panettone. Stand for 15 minutes to allow panettone to absorb a little of the liquid. Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come 1/3 of the way up side of dish. Cover dish with foil then bake for 1 hour. Remove foil, scatter with rosemary and bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden and set. Remove dish from water bath and stand for 10 minutes. Serve pudding warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Bread and butter pudding with figs and grapescalories: 1351.067 calories
calories: 74 grams fat
calories: 45 grams saturated fat
calories: 137 grams carbohydrates
calories: 73 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 467 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 537.09 milligrams sodium